Annecy France

This building in old town Annecy was one of my faves. It was located on the corner of a short rise a bit back from the beaten track. It made an independent statement for me. It's shape, the colour and style against the pale blue above spoke to me of a history I may never understand. I pictured myself sitting on the top balcony sipping a suitable evening coffee as the heat dissipates from the red stone wall, writing poetry with with nib and ink. Poetry about the mostly unexpressed qualities of Love and how it shapes the heart to view the world in ways that we are sometimes too ashamed to share. In the early mornings, when the light is beginning to smile, I would sit on the bottom balcony drinking tea and eating pastries, and waiting for another day of inspiration.

Comments

Popular Posts