Can ArT Change the World?

Street art (my version) in Montmartre 2011


I am so impressed by the amazing work French street artist JR has done I just have to share his project through my little piece of the world wall also. What a powerful way to express creativity, heal individuals, mend communities and do something so that those who care to look in this earthly direction from the edge of the universe can see what is happening down here.  All this awesome creativity without a whiff of gunpowder. Imagine that, an artist using wisdom that politicians find difficult to grasp.

Click on this URL to see what I am so excited about:

http://video.ted.com/talks/podcast/JR_2011.mp4


If you get equally as excited as I did about this idea here is some more information for you taken from the TED site.


'JR, a semi-anonymous French street artist, uses his camera to show the world its true face, by pasting photos of the human face across massive canvases. At TED2011, he makes his audacious TED Prize wish: to use art to turn the world inside out. Learn more about his work and learn how you can join in at insideoutproject.net.'


http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/TEDTalks_video/~4/s13__r_LU10




Graffiti artists do cop a lot of flak for the aRt they do. I'm not entering into that debate here. But what a difference this graffiti artist has made with his TED Prize wish concerning how ARt can change the world.


I look forward to seeing what you can come up with for the project you are most passionate about.


Bon journee



Comments

Popular Posts