Relationships in the 21st Century

The Pepperheads - 'Changin' Lanes'
(Only album - released 1981- featuring their hit single
'Run from the Money')


There’s gotta be a song in this!
By Rob Swales
From: Pete Blest [mailto:peble@bigpond.net.au]
Sent: Thursday, 14 February  8:20 PM
To: dand@dandoland.com.au
Subject: This is the one
Hey there dan my guitar playing man!
Long time no hear big fella hope you’re not spending too much time making money and losing speed funking the strings? Hey mate my life is finally complete. It’s valentines day and all and she walks into my dream via lava Life. How good is that? Tall, brunette, professional, young with a killer bod. She’s a dinosaur explorer or an anthropologist. i’m not sure which. but we really click dig the same music food beach mountains conservation. Shes near bloddy perfect. Even better lives right here on the coast when she isn’t tramping around africa or some other lost continent.
im meet her in the blood and bone tomorrow night on the headland above Moolaba. Imm gonna be waering my black suit with my clyde barrow hat. can’t miss. i’ll keep you updated. don’t forget to plug that fender in occasionally and give ginny a hug for me.
Cheers pete b
p.s. and I’ve got a pain in the balls and thats always a sure sign!
From: Daniel Davies [mailto:dand@dandoland.com.au]
Sent: Thursday, 14 February 10:50 PM
To: pebble@bigpond.net.au
Subject: This is the one
Hi Peter
Two things in your favour:
1.    You fit into the dinosaur category.
2.    You are a pain in the balls.
Good luck on the date. Don’t forget to wear clean undies.
Your old mate
Dan
From: Pete Blest [mailto:peble@bigpond.net.au]
Sent: Friday, 15 February 6:44 AM
To: dand@dandoland.com.au
Subject: This is the one
went one better bought new ’mr happy’  ones.
From: Pete Blest [mailto:peble@bigpond.net.au]
Sent: Saturday, 16 February 12:09 PM
To: dand@dandoland.com.au
Subject: This is the one
Danny boy you gotta meet this woman. she’s refined amazing intelligent balanced the most beautiful creature I’ve ever kist. fi (her names phoebe)absolutely loved my guitar rendition of a classical gas played strategically into the south-easterly as the last of the sailing boats jacknifed their way into the mouth of the moo’ river. she doesn’t drink or smoke and bought along a home made guacamole that we washed down with a bottle of chi. I’m talking devine mate and you know how long ive been straight. You’ve gotta meet fi. we walked from the headland to that indian curry house in cotton tree and hardly took a breath.she can talk as much as me. what a night. Ive got no idea what I ate. It didn’t matter.it was just sustenance for the soul and you know as much as anyone I need that after my last disasterous divorce (and don’t you dare bring up thosetwo country connection dates0 they were purely hormone inspired)
Anyway fi’s into photography to. Shes taking me canoing on lake something or rather up past tewantin Sunday afternoon. Just the two of us our canons and a picnic basket.she loves to cook. Learnt in turkey and morocco.tell you what dan if I could get rid of this pain in the balls id be a content man. Its funny I don’t feel it when I’m with fi. ifeel like a teenager. maybe its lovers nuts?
Ill keep in touch.maybe next week we could get together with u and ginny for a weekend brunch like the old days. read the Sydney morning herald play some of the old songs write some new ones?
Chhers
Pete 9on the edge of a new reality)
From: Daniel Davies [mailto:dand@dandoland.com.au]
Sent: Saturday, 16 February 5:15 PM
To: pebble@bigpond.net.au
Subject: This is the one
Dear Pete
No one can talk as much as you my friend. I don’t know how this delightful woman has made her way into your life but it is truly very timely. I know it is not through karma for you have no belief in such a painful existence. If she is as ‘devine’ as you say (and I know you recently purchased new spectacles) I can put it down to nothing less than ‘divine’ intervention. I’ve been praying for you of late old mate but this is not the type of answer I had in mind.
Virginia is excited for you. We would both love to catch up next weekend to meet this exotic being. It would be great to talk with you face to face, like old times. Take a photo of a pelican for me.
I’m sure your testicles will settle down when your hormones come into alignment with your newfound love. Have a look at Medusa in today’s Weekend Australian. It sounds like she has been reading your email. 
Cheers
Dan
From: Pete Blest [mailto:peble@bigpond.net.au]
Sent: Saturday, 16 February 6:30 PM
To: dand@dandoland.com.au
Subject: This is the one
can u scan a copy and email it? I wouldn’t waste my hard earned centerlink payment on that murdoch mulch.
From: Pete Blest [mailto:peble@bigpond.net.au]
Sent: Tuesday, 19 February 9:51 PM
To: dand@dandoland.com.au
Subject: This is the one
Dan the rocket man
i’haven’t landed from the canoe trip yet. I packed my jamies and toothbrush on the off chance of a sleep over and ive just arrived back at the farmhouse. That medusa mad physic was right. ‘there was magic waiting in the realm of love’. this woman is a magicianess.remember that santana song the old bnad used to do? I cant stop singing it. my balls are still paining but Im ignoring it. my whole body is tingling like that time we pissed on that electric fence at the showground when we were 18. you should see the photos. nothing dirty. they’re as pure as lady Madonna.ive got a phot of fi lying in the bow of the canoe with her fingers drifting in the water and separating purple sunset. Now theres gotta be a song in that.i need to hit the sheets and catch up on some dreamtime.my body feels like its been doing ultramarathons but my heart is light. Can normal people fall in love this quick?iknow I sure as hell have.how about we meet at the sahara tent for brekky Saturday at ten.mate ivw gotta sleep. My love to ginny.
Signing out
Pete from deep space*&##^$#@@$ (that’s me snoring already)
From: Daniel Davies [mailto:dand@dandoland.com.au]
Sent: Wednesday, 20 February 7:45 AM
To: pebble@bigpond.net.au
Subject: This is the one
Dear Pete
Virginia and I will see you and Phoebe at the Sahara Tent on Saturday morning. We’re looking forward to meeting this angel that brings you so much joy. I’ll bring the newspapers.
Your old bass-playing mate
Dan
From: Pete Blest [mailto:peble@bigpond.net.au]
Sent: Sunday, 24 February 3:38 PM
To: dand@dandoland.com.au
Subject: This is the one
Dan it was fantastic to catch up with you and ginny yesterday.it really did feel like old times like I’m talking mid seventies when we used to surf dance and laugh with the greatest chicks.only thing is your still got the same chick and ive had to do a little more research to find the perfect one.fi thibks your both great.she digs that we’ve been friends forever and thought that our old stories were out there although she finds them a bit hard to believe.imust admit that when I am with fi I find that old life unbelievable my self.then again if I hadn’t been there I wouldn’t be here.i think you should stop reading those murdoch papers or at least balance then with the age and the smh.we’ll have to get together more often.i’d love to play some music with you and tony and phil. Its always hard getting everyone together at the same time.fi has reaaly changed my life even the poetry and songs im writing now have lifted. Im like in the canopy now man if you can u8nderstand that. Ieven went and applied for a job today at the recycle tip.its 3 days a week and would pay me more than my sickness benefit.see what the right woman can do.i’ve been married three times and never ever thought about getting a real job.i think id like to travel again dan and visit fi when shes working in some of those wild countries.wouldn’t be quite like our days exploring Nepal but the sunsets sunrises and hours in between with fi would blow my mind better than any weed ever did. The ache in my balls has traveled down to my legs.that’s gotta be a sign of impruvment?
Give ginny a hug for me and talk to tony and phil.we could have a weekend jamming in the old bails at my place. The girls could go shopping and do the cooking.itd be fun.
Seeya mate thanks again for shoutin brekky
pete
From: Daniel Davies [mailto:dand@dandoland.com.au]
Sent: Sunday, 24 February 9:05 AM
To: pebble@bigpond.net.au
Subject: This is the one
Hi Pete
It was great to see you yesterday. Phoebe is a beautiful woman. Virginia couldn’t stop talking about her for the rest of the day. We are both so happy for you. I think you have always bought from the second shelf in the love shop. I’m pleased to see you are giving yourself the top shelf at last. Now there has got to be a song in that. The music weekend on your property sounds like an excellent thought. I’ll email Tony and Phil and get the ball rolling. Speaking of balls it would be wise to get yours checked out. You may have damaged one swinging through the trees in the old days.
It is difficult to picture some of the things we used to do. I’m sure Virginia would not have believed half of the faction that flowed yesterday had she not been around in those days to rescue us and drive us home.
The job sounds perfect for you Pete and the travel idea even better. You and Phoebe look and feel like a right idea. Please give her our best love.
Keep in touch. We might make the Sahara Tent a new tradition. What do you think?
Good night mate.
Dan 
From: Daniel Davies [mailto:dand@dandoland.com.au]
Sent: Tuesday, 26 February 2:17 PM
To: pebble@bigpond.net.au
Subject: This is the one
Hi Pete
I’ve heard back from Tony and Phil already. They would both love to get up you your place and clear the dust from the amps. Virginia, Paula and Kym are as keen as also. The best weekend we can all fit in is the last weekend in March. How does that suit you and Phoebe?
Let me know and I can confirm it.
Talk soon
Dan
From: Pete Blest [mailto:peble@bigpond.net.au]
Sent: Tuesday, 26 February 9:58 PM
To: dand@dandoland.com.au
Subject: This is the one
Danny boy it sounds perfect to me.fi says no probs.she really loved meeting up with you and ginny and I know paula and kym are a hoot. To good to be true.how long is it since the ‘pepperheads’ were let loose on the world. I cannever remember dates n places.you were more the go on gigs dan. I just did the big riffs and keept the female fans comin back for mmore.
Thanks mate fanbloodytastick
Pete
Ps I got a doctors appointment Friday.i need everything working 100% in this relationship.fi is just blowin me away evrytime were together.im so happy I get emotional which is a place I haven’t been for a long time.
From: Pete Blest [mailto:peble@bigpond.net.au]
Sent: Friday, 01 March 6:18 PM
To: dand@dandoland.com.au
Subject: This is the one
Het dan.big day my man.Just got back from the docs.hE stuck his fingerinto evry hole he could find. he rekons the bIG C has come back. eis gotta be bulshit mate.ive never felt betta. Its just that bloody pane in th ballsmate. they took blood ive gotta have some xray crap on monday. i think hes second guessen. Fis on her way ova i don’t wnna say anything just yet. but lookin forward to tomorow at the sahara tent. thisis as grate as my life has evr been so lets jus keep this btween mates. its gotta be bullshit.im as fit en randy as a stud bull. life is awsome. its all happnen.first fi teh a jobnow the pepperheads loud and pumpin love,cya @ 10
PETE!
pastedGraphic.pdf
pastedGraphic_1.pdf

Comments

Popular Posts